I love to cook and I am always looking for quick, easy and delicious meals to make during the week. One skillet meals are perfect weeknight dishes. They are so simple and take less than 30 minutes to throw together, so what’s not to love! This Mediterranean dish is super delicious, made with easy-to-find ingredients and low in calories! It’s a win win!
- 4 large chicken cutlets (I used boneless chicken breasts cut into ¼ thin cutlets)
- 1 tbsp dried oregano, divided
- 1tsp salt, divided
- 1 tsp black pepper, divided
- ½ cup all-purpose flour, more for later
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 8 oz Baby Bella mushrooms, cleaned, trimmed and sliced
- 14 oz grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh garlic
- ½ cup white wine
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice (juice of ½ lemon)
- ¾ cup chicken broth
- handful baby spinach (optional)
- Pat chicken cutlets dry. Season on both sides with ½ tbsp oregano, ½ tsp salt and ½ tsp black pepper. Coat chicken cutlets with the flour; dust off excess. Set aside briefly.
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a large cast iron skillet. Brown the chicken cutlets on both sides (3 minutes or so). Transfer the chicken cutlets to a plate for now.
- In the same skillet, add more olive oil if needed. Add the mushrooms and saute briefly on medium-high (about 1 minute or so). Then add the tomatoes, garlic, the remaining ½ tbsp oregano, ½ tsp salt, and ½ tsp pepper, and 2 tsp flour. Cook for another 3 minutes or so, stirring regularly.
- Now add the white wine, cook briefly to reduce just a little; then add the lemon juice and chicken broth.
- Bring the liquid to a boil, then add the chicken back in the skillet. Cook over high heat for 3-4 minutes, then reduce the heat to medium-low. Cover and cook for another 8 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked and its internal heat registers a minimum of 165 degrees F.
- If you like, stir in a handful of baby spinach just before serving. Enjoy hot with your favorite small pasta like orzo and a crusty Italian bread!
What are you cooking for dinner tonight? I would love to hear some of your favorite recipes in the comments below! Happy Cooking!
Disclosure: I am not affiliated with any of the entities in this post and there were no conditions for a positive review. All opinions are my own. I am disclosing this in compliance with FTC regulations.